Re: Please test ELinks from experimental

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 08:35:28AM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:33:12 +0200, Andrei Popescu
> <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 03:51:14PM +0530, Y Giridhar Appaji Nag wrote:
> >> I uploaded ELinks 0.12~20080127-2 a few days ago to experimental.  If
> >> you happen to use ELinks, please test this and report any bugs etc. that
> >> you may find.  If you don't use ELinks, now is probably a good time to
> >> start using it :)
> >
> >May I suggest that such announcements also go to debian-user.
>
> Bad idea. That'll make stable users pull the package from
> experimental, which will pull in libraries from unstable, resulting in
> a system that is even harder to maintain and to debug.
>
> Additionally, users tend to make unuseable bug reports.

Give us some credit. With the proper warnings (though I doubt any users
of ELinks are not aware of the differences between stable and
*experimental*) you could get a wider audience and if you also include
some info about bug reporting ("please include output of ... and ...)
you might get some good bug reports.

But what do I know, I'm just a user and not a DD ;)

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)