Re: actively notifying users of removed packages

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 11.03.2008, 05:23 -0700 schrieb Karl Chen:
> Thoughts?  What have I missed?  Existing solutions or non-problem?
> How can we move towards implementing something like this?  What
> other ideas are there for dealing with disappearing packages?

A solution that’s possible without big changes would be a package
"removal-notifier" which contains a manual list of removed packages
(which needs to be maintained by someone of course) and can tell the
user about packages he has installed but that are on that list.

Not very elegant, but it would work and probably quite easy to
implement.

Just a quick idea,
Joachim

--