Re: ITP: ttf-linex -- Free fonts for education and institutions

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Christian Perrier wrote:

Sorry, I often misuse "CDD" to mean "derivative distributions"..:-)

Yep.  I'm quite bored of this (which is not your fault but common
practice because of the very badly choosen name).  I just registered

   "CDD renaming BOF"

at

   https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc8/all_events

so feel free to join because the name just disturbs the potental the
idea has.  IMHO it also has potential for i18n efforts!

And by derivative distros, I do not only mean Ubuntu, of course, but
for instance the various custom distros using by the vairous "Juntas" in
Spain, the most well-known being LinEx, of course.

BTW, the school part of LinEx is currently joining / merging with
Debian-Edu and IMHO there would be a great potential to build a
Debian-Government CDD based in LinEx work if they would decide to
merge their stuff to "upstream" Debian.

See you in Argentina

      Andreas.

--