Re: Bits from the Security Team

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> On Mon, March 10, 2008 09:24, Steve Langasek wrote:
> >> If you're opening a ticket for a security problem which is publicly
> >> known, e.g. if it's announced on the project web site, please open a
> >> ticket in the "Security" queue. These issues will be visible publicly.
> >
> > As far as I can see, this announcement mail doesn't mention where the RT
> > instance is running, nor the means of opening a ticket in the appropriate
> > queue.  Where is this information available?
>
> We appearently assumed that all developers were aware of where the Debian
> RT is located and how it's used, but for those that missed it,
> instructions are here:
> http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20070323.015558.db94cadf.en.html

Don't assume that people remember everything. :) And the preferred way to
open a ticket for DD is usually by sending a mail and the mail above does
only document the DSA and keyring queues.

You should point to the corresponding email alias for the security queues
IMO. And giving a few more direct links into the web interface can't hurt
:)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog