Introducing myself

Hello everyone,
I'm an Italian undergraduate student of Informatics in Trento. I love
Debian and I've used it from a lot of years. I've also invited and
helped my friends to use it.

This year I would like to do something that is useful for the Debian
project and for me, so I'm very interested in participating in Google
Code of Summer. I mainly program in Java, however I have also some
skills in C and I can learn other languages.

I've seen that Debian participated in GCoS last year, so I hope that
it will participate also this year.

Is this mailing-list the right place to start a collaboration?

Thanks in advance for any reply.