Who to contact about pointless Ubuntu differences?

Does anyone know the right contact point to ask Ubuntu to stop making
pointless changes to a Debian package?  See:

    http://patches.ubuntu.com/x/xfonts-jmk/xfonts-jmk_3.0-16ubuntu1.patch

I mailed the person listed in the changelog entry here and pointed out
that there's no reason to patch a spec file for an Ubuntu or Debian
package and didn't get any reply, and then when I uploaded another new
version of the package, this pointless change was blindly merged again.

It doesn't really matter -- it's not hurting anything -- but it's vaguely
annoying to have the patch keep showing up on the PTS page when there's no
useful content (and it obscures any actually useful modifications made in
Ubuntu).