Re: git bikeshedding (Re: triggers in dpkg, and dpkg maintenance)

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> I would never say that the barrier for new developers is low. I don't know
> in which world Robert lives but dpkg is a complex piece of code and you
> don't understand it in a few minutes.
>
> As if everybody were experienced C hackers that have used longjmp()
> so many times that anything else that comes up can only be easy to
> understand...

In my book, if you can understand it in one month @ 8h/week playing with the
code, it is good enough.  Not so easy that people who just know enough to be
dangerous will touch it, and not so hard as to require an itch borthering on
titanic to get one to want to participate.

And I sincerely hope anyone touching dpkg C source is damn good at
programming in C.

  Henrique Holschuh