Re: Build-Depends-Indep, gtk-doc-tools and buildds

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 13:06 +0100, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2008, Neil Williams wrote:
> > gtk-doc-tools is not being picked up as a build depends during port
> > builds, despite it being located during normal debuild, pdebuild and
> > pbuilder checks on my machines. (pbuilder ... --binary-arch works too).
>
>  Could it be that gtk-doc-tools was added as a dep of another package?

I've sent you a partial build log off-list but pbuilder does seem to be
picking up this dependency directly.

 -> Creating pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy package
Package: pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy
Version: 0.invalid.0
Architecture: amd64
Maintainer: Debian Pbuilder Team
<pbuilder-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org>
created by pbuilder
 This package was created automatically by pbuilder and should
Depends: bison, cdbs (>= 0.4.41), debhelper (>= 5), dpkg-dev (>=
1.13.19), flex, freetds-dev (>= 0.61), gnome-pkg-tools (>= 0.11),
intltool, libgdbm-dev, libglib2.0-dev (>= 2.4.1-2),
libmysqlclient15-dev, libpopt-dev, libpq-dev, libreadline5-dev,
libsqlite3-dev, libxml2-dev (>= 2.4.22), libxslt1-dev (>= 1.0.18),
pkg-config, scrollkeeper, unixodbc-dev, zlib1g-dev, gtk-doc-tools,
sgmltools-lite
dpkg-deb: building package `pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy' in
`/tmp/satisfydepends-aptitude/pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy.deb'.

gtk-doc-tools and sgmltools-lite are Build-Depends-Indep (or where
before the upload to fix libgda3-3).

>  pbuilder should only pick build-deps and not -indep when run with
>  --binary-arch, but perhaps this is borken.  It would be interesting to
>  try looking how your pbuilder came to select gtk-doc-tools for a
>  --binary-arch build.  The logic is in
>  /usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-satisfydepends-* and it might be easiest to
>  diagnose with the aptitude backend which will create a fake .deb with
>  the build-deps as deps and install it.
>
> > There isn't much point forcing buildds to build the docs but the quick
> > fix would be to put gtk-doc-tools into Build-Depends instead of
> > Build-Depends-Indep.
> > (This is also holding up my own upstream work which needs a fix in this
> > version of libgda3-3.)
>
>  (Done and uploaded.)

Thanks!

--