Re: Buildd backlog and testing transition.

[Julien BLACHE]
>> Clearly, in the conflict of interest between the ghc6 MIPS users, and
>> the testing users on other arches, a choice has been made, of which I am
>> unhappy.
>
> No choice has been made. I don't know what you're on, but you'd better
> put it off.

The "I don't know what you're on" comment seem offensive to me.  I
believe the Debian project would be better of by not scaring off
readers by demonstrating that we will reply in an offensive tone on
the mailing lists.

In this case, it is obvious to me that a choice of not acting has been
made by the release managers.  Not doing anything is also a choice,
and in this case it affect all those waiting for our packages to
propagate into testing.  Claiming that no choice has been made seem
thus quite contrary to the real situation I observe.

> The buildd queues aren't FIFO, this has been explained already a
> dozen times if not more.

And every time that discussion surfaces, suggestions to include age in
the formula used to calculate the build order are presented.  Also
suggestions to include amount of dependencies normally show up.  I
wish some of these suggestions would fix some of the starvation issues
with the current autobuild system.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen