Re: git bikeshedding (Re: triggers in dpkg, and dpkg maintenance)

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 07:09:46PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:

> I will then merge mainline into my branch, do any conflict resolution
> necessary, and give it a quick test to make sure nothing seems to have
> been broken in the meantime.  Then merging my branch back into
> mainline is, as you say, just a fast forward - so I will simply do
> that, and push the result.

I've no idea if anyone involved would consider it acceptable but might
merging the triggers branch into the mainline with --squash be a
suitable comprimise?  This would give a single commit discarding the
branch history which isn't ideal but would avoid having the history
from your branch in the main history.