Re: Idea of Debian mascot

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 21:19 +0100, Harald Braumann wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:45:05 +0100
> "Miriam Ruiz" <little.miry@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > How about a cockroach? Beautifully engineered, indestructable, and
> > >  they're *everywhere*...
> >
> > No thanks, I preferred the Weasel idea to this :P
>
> And why does it have to be an animal at all? I for one can't identify
> with any specimen of the *nix bestiary. Except maybe with the bsd
> daemon, but that's technically not a beast. But all those foxes,
> chameleons, penguins and what not -- I don't know. If an animal at all,
> I would definitely prefer a cockroach. But it's maybe hard to
> manufacture from plush. What about a tarantula? Fluffy by design.

I don't really see why you couldn't make a stuffed Debian swirl. I'd buy
one of those. Maybe we could call the Debian swirl our mascot and come
up with some lame name like "Swirly the Debian mascot". It could be like
that talking paper clip they always make fun of in M$ Office.

Hmm! Maybe a "Debian assistant"... "*boing* I see you are trying to
install a package, do you want help with that?"

William