Re: Idea of Debian mascot

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:45:05 +0100
"Miriam Ruiz" <little.miry@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/2/26, David Given <dg@cowlark.com>:
> > Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> >
> > > I'd really rather see something nicer than an ant as a mascot. :)
> >
> > How about a cockroach? Beautifully engineered, indestructable, and
> >  they're *everywhere*...
>
> No thanks, I preferred the Weasel idea to this :P

And why does it have to be an animal at all? I for one can't identify
with any specimen of the *nix bestiary. Except maybe with the bsd
daemon, but that's technically not a beast. But all those foxes,
chameleons, penguins and what not -- I don't know. If an animal at all,
I would definitely prefer a cockroach. But it's maybe hard to
manufacture from plush. What about a tarantula? Fluffy by design.

harry