Re: Practical solutions to: the new style "mass tirage" of bugs

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> Be sure that somebody looks at new bugs.

The fundamental problem here that people are trying to express is that,
given our absence of paid staff who are willing to do anything they're
assigned to do, it is impossible to "be sure" that anyone in Debian does
any specific task.

All we can do is try to find more effective ways of encouraging behavior
we want to see.

In general, if you want to be sure that someone else does something for
you, you're probably going to have to pay someone for their services
(either monetarily or in kind).  Otherwise, you're relying on volunteers,
who may or may not have time or motivation to work on the thing that
matters to you.