Re: Proposed MBF: packages defining useless RPATH's

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 19:38:55 -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>
> > If no one objects I'll start MBF within a week or, if encouraged to and with
> > no objection, probably during the week.
> >
> Do we really need a mass bug filing for every single lintian check out
> there?  I don't think this achieves anything (these rpaths might be
> useless, but they're also harmless)...

+1

MBF is important when you plan to make an NMU campaign to correct all the
packages... but just reporting the problem is useless because lintian does
that very well already. And if lintian doesn't, then you can invest the
time that you put in this MBF in a lintian patch. :-)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog