Re: How to express bullet lists

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 02:14:30PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2008, Simon Huggins wrote:
> >http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Description
> >The others are probably bugs then.  Do you have a list to name and
> >shame?
> Ahh- shame on my first for missing this. ;-)

> For a quick shot I used:
>   grep -B13 -A1 "^ [^ ^a-z^A-Z^0-9^)] " /var/lib/dpkg/available

So doing this on the Packages file from amd64 in unstable currently
there are list problems in the following dd-list'd packages.

I think mostly they could easily just be s/^ /  / on the affected lines
though sipcalc is interesting in that it uses two levels of indent for
effect.

I've attached the lines that I think are wrong to this message.

OHASHI Akira <bg66@debian.org>
   easypg

Mirco Bauer <meebey@debian.org>
   mono-tools (U)

Debian GNOME Maintainers <pkg-gnome-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
   gnome-terminal (U)

Debian Java Maintainers <pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
   jarjar
   libxapool-java

Debian Mono Group <pkg-mono-group@lists.alioth.debian.org>
   mono-tools

Debian Python Modules Team <python-modules-team@lists.alioth.debian.org>
   python-mysqldb

Scott M. Dier <sdier@debian.org>
   bitcollider

Sebastian Dröge <slomo@debian.org>
   gnome-terminal (U)
   mono-tools (U)

Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@debian.org>
   libroxen-adbanner

Sylvain Le Gall <gildor@debian.org>
   ocamlgraph

Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com>
   bind9 (U)

David Moreno Garza <damog@debian.org>
   libsvn-web-perl

Debian QA Group <packages@qa.debian.org>
   ude

Daniel Gubser <guterm@debian.org>
   uptimed (U)

Steinar H. Gunderson <sesse@debian.org>
   libhttp-dav-perl

Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li>
   mapnik

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
   python-mysqldb (U)

Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>
   ion3-doc

LaMont Jones <lamont@debian.org>
   bind9

Jan Luebbe <jluebbe@debian.org>
   kvm

Bart Martens <bartm@knars.be>
   libclass-dbi-pager-perl

Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@debian.org>
   lcov

Jonas Meurer <mejo@debian.org>
   python-mysqldb (U)

Loic Minier <lool@dooz.org>
   gnome-terminal (U)

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>
   gnome-terminal (U)

Guilherme de S. Pastore <gpastore@debian.org>
   gnome-terminal

Adriaan Peeters <apeeters@lashout.net>
   sipcalc

Franz Pletz <fpletz@franz-pletz.org>
   kiki

Michael Schiansky <ms@debian.org>
   mp3c

Reinhard Tartler <siretart@tauware.de>
   aspectc++

Antonio S. de A. Terceiro <asaterceiro@inf.ufrgs.br>
   aspectc++ (U)

Arnaud Vandyck <avdyk@debian.org>
   jarjar (U)

Thibaut VARENE <varenet@debian.org>
   uptimed

Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>
   libxapool-java (U)

Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de>
   python-mysqldb (U)

And then there are:
 libcgi-ssi-parser-perl
 latex-cjk-korean
 libmath-nocarry-perl
 xmove
which have other oddness that I picked up and will file bugs on.

--
Simon  [ huggie@earth.li ] *\     "Bet ya five dollars I get off" -  \**
****** ]-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-[ **\               Pusher to Mulder (3x17)  \*

Package: bitcollider
 * It examines the file, calculating a distinctive digital fingerprint,
 * It launches your web browser to do a lookup at our website, submitting

Package: bitcollider-plugins
 * It examines the file, calculating a distinctive digital fingerprint,
 * It launches your web browser to do a lookup at our website, submitting

Package: dnsutils
 - dig	- query the DNS in various ways
 - nslookup - the older way to do it
 - nsupdate - perform dynamic updates (See RFC2136)

Package: easypg
 - "The EasyPG Assistant"
 - "The EasyPG Library"

Package: gnome-terminal
 - Access a UNIX shell in the GNOME environment.
 - Run any application that is designed to run on VT102, VT220, and xterm
 terminals.

Package: ion3-doc
 * 'Ion: Configuring and extending with Lua' describes how to
 * 'Ion: Notes for the module and patch writer' is an unorganized

Package: kiki
 - exploring and understanding the structure of match objects
 - testing regexes on sample text before deploying them in code.

Package: kvm
 * Make sure you run Linux 2.6.16 or newer for AMD processors, or
 * Run this command in a shell: egrep '^flags.*(vmx|svm)' /proc/cpuinfo

Package: lcov
 * HTML based output: coverage rates are additionally indicated using bar
 * Support for large projects: overview pages allow quick browsing of

Package: libbitcollider-dev
 * It examines the file, calculating a distinctive digital fingerprint,
 * It launches your web browser to do a lookup at our website, submitting

Package: libbitcollider1
 * It examines the file, calculating a distinctive digital fingerprint,
 * It launches your web browser to do a lookup at our website, submitting

Package: libclass-dbi-pager-perl
 * retrieve objects from a database
 * display objects with 20 items per page

Package: libhttp-dav-perl
 * HTTP::DAV - an object-oriented Web-DAV client API.
 * dave - the DAV Explorer, an end-user Unix console program for

Package: libjarjar-java
 * You can easily ship a single jar file with no external dependencies.
 * You can avoid problems where your library depends on a specific

Package: libjarjar-java-doc
 * You can easily ship a single jar file with no external dependencies.
 * You can avoid problems where your library depends on a specific

Package: libocamlgraph-ocaml-dev
 - An easy-to-use graph data structure together with
 - Several classic operations and algorithms over

Package: libroxen-adbanner
 - Random adbanner rotation.
 - Ad banner hit count.
 - Ad banner reference ("click through") count.
 - A "subdirectory" mechanism for having distinct groups of Ad banners.
 - A cheesy web based administration interface.
 - Adds the tag <adbanner>

Package: libsvn-web-perl
 * Viewing multiple Subversion repositories.
 * Browsing every revision of the repository.
 * Viewing the contents of files in the repository at any revision.
 * Viewing diffs of arbitrary revisions of any file.
 * Viewing the revision log of files and directories, see what was
 * Viewing the blame/annotation details of any file.
 * Generating RSS feeds of commits, down to the granularity of individual
 * Many more.

Package: libuptimed-dev
 - Console program to display statistics
 - Can send mail if a milestone or a new record is reached

Package: libuptimed0
 - Console program to display statistics
 - Can send mail if a milestone or a new record is reached

Package: libxapool-java
 - Store objects with a Generic Pool
 - Export a DataSource (javax.sql.DataSource)
 - Export a XADataSource (javax.sql.XADataSource)

Package: mapnik-utils
 - shapeindex:
   program to creates file system based index for ESRI shape-files

Package: mono-tools-devel
 - create-native-map

Package: mono-tools-gui
 - gasnview
 - ilcontrast

Package: mp3c
 - An interactive mode with a menu-environment (based on curses-lib),
 - A batch mode, which allows for automatic encoding of cds from shell scripts

Package: python-mysqldb
 + Compliance with Python database API version 2.0
 + Thread-safety
 + Thread-friendliness (threads will not block each other)
 + Compatibility with MySQL-3.23 and later

Package: sipcalc
 Features include:
 - IPv4
  * Retrieving of address information from interfaces.
 - IPv6
  * Compressed and expanded input and output addresses.

Package: uwm
 * No title bars with icons etc.
 * High performance, since it just uses standard libraries