Re: Meaning of the "Altering package upload rules"

Il giorno Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:24:15 +0530
Kapil Hari Paranjape <kapil@imsc.res.in> ha scritto:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering how to interpret the GR altering upload rules
> (http://www.debian.org/vote/2007/vote_002) in practical terms.

Hi can't even find the text of this GR.

This is the relevant bit, I think:

/---
| Text
|
| Choice 1.
| The actual text of the resolution is as follows. Please note that
| this does not include preludes, prologues, any preambles to the
| resolution, post-ambles to the resolution, abstracts, fore-words,
| after-words, rationales, supporting documents, opinion polls,
| arguments for and against, and any of the other important material
| you will find on the mailing list archives. Please read the
| debian-vote mailing list archives for details.
|
| General Resolution: Altering package upload rules
|
| The Debian project resolves that Debian developers allowed to
| perform combined source and binary packages uploads should be
| allowed to perform binary-only packages uploads for the same set
| of architectures.
\---

But... where is the "actual text of the resolution" mentioned? I can't even
find that.

> I suppose this means that one can upload a <pkg-ver>_multi.changes
> file containing <pkg-ver>_<arch>.deb for multiple values
> of <arch> providing one has access to all these architectures.
>
> Does it also mean that one can (later) do a binary-only upload
> of a <pkg-ver>_<arch>.changes providing that the package
> has not yet been built on the buildd's for <arch>? (Providing
> that one is building from the same sources, of course!)

Interpreting the paragraph cited above ("The Debian project resolves..."), I
believe you saw it right. But I'd like to know where is the full text of the GR
(or probably I'm just missing the obvious location).

Kindly,
David

(I'm CCing you because you said you're not subscribed; please tell me if you
wish otherwise)

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino