Re: How to cope with patches sanely --> Debian New Maintainers'

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 09:50:20AM +0000, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> Neither did I. I just thought that it could have some features that make
> it so much better then dpatch, which could actually make up the reason why
> everybody is crying "damn dpatch, glorify quilt". So now everybody says
> that they are *not* even talking about the tool, but instead about the
> quilt *format* as an interchange format. That doesn't appear to be
> logical, because there seems not to be a big difference between the two
> "exchange formats" but indeed between the tools.
>
> I was just wondering and I am still.

  quilt is way more powerful to refresh patches when a new upstream
occurs. It does what it can do best without having mergeing features,
that only an advanced SCM can provide anyways.

  And while being powerful, it remains simple, which dpatch is not.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit