Re: How to cope with patches sanely

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 00:05:32 +0000, Darren Salt
<linux@youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk> said:

> Whatever DSCM is used, it needs history truncation.

        Umm. Why would any distributed version control system always
 need history truncation?  I am not even sure that arch has such a
 thing; and I have never felt the need for such a beast.

        A distributed VCS that bundles in the whole archive in every
 checkout might well need that, but not all distributed VCS systems do

The wise and intelligent are coming belatedly to realize that alcohol,
and not the dog, is man's best friend.  Rover is taking a beating -- and
he should. -- W.C. Fields