Re: How to cope with patches sanely

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 05:00:42PM -0500, Theodore Tso wrote:
> And I think it is a much better idea to encourage people to spend
> their time working on good, upstreamable patches, than to tell them
> that the need to learn some specific DSCM.

Very well said. The most important thing is to make it easy to shrink the
delta from upstream, and doing so requires the ability to be easily aware
of the state of any specific patch at any time. A diff, be it between
branches or just a file sitting in debian/patches, is the best way to
facilitate this.

 - David Nusinow