From: maximilian attems [mailto:maks@debian.org]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 7:04 AM
To: May Hwang
Cc: 'Wouter Verhelst'; 'Margarita Manterola';
debian-kernel@lists.debian.org; debian-devel@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: HighPoint- GPL Licensed Controller wants To be IncludeInDebian
Distribution

Dear May,

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, May Hwang wrote:

> Dear Margarita,
>
> Thanks, please help include our driver in etch-n-half.
>
> Please find Latest HighPoint Source files in 2.6.24 are located at:
> drivers\scsi\hptiop.c
> drivers\scsi\hptiop.h
> Documentation\scsi\hptiop.txt
>
> 2.6.24-rc8-mm1 built-in it, you can get it from www.kernel.org.

as linus already merged the driver update.
just commited the patch from latest git into our tree for the
2.6.24 etch+half update kernel:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/kernel-svn-changes/2008-February/00
9187.html

> FYI, HighPoint do have validation program with most of main vendors in the
> market- Seagate, Western Digital, Hitachi, Supermicro, Tyan, Asus,
> clustersoftware vendor, Storage software vendors, AIC, CI-design and etc.
>
> In regards of source package guideline, I will check with my firmware
group
> if they have any questions.
>
> Thanks for the quick response!

thanks for bringing the issue to our attention.

> Best Regards,
>
> May Hwang
>
> HighPoint Technologies,Inc.
>
> Tel:408-240-6118/6112
> Fax-408-942-5800
>
> www.highpoint-tech.com
> www.hptmac.com
>
> Distribution Partners: ASI, BellMicro, D&H, Malabs
> "RocketRAID - Terabyte Storage Technologies"

for more information about the debian kernel see
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel
(commit list, team, general docs, ..)

it would be cool if you would test tomorrows sid snapshot builds?
see aboves for the apt lines.

best regards

--
maks