Re: ${shlibs:Depends} results libfamin0 or libfam0?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 06:30:47PM +0800, Andrew Lee wrote:
> I am working on pcmanfm package. It has build-depends on 'libgamin-dev',
> but somehow the binaries packages depends on 'libfam0'.
>
> I checked 'libgamin-dev' depends on 'libgamin0', but I don't know why
> the binaries packages are not depend on 'libgamin0'?

You should find your answer in /var/lib/dpkg/info/libgamin0.shlibs. If
your binary (as in the ELF binary, as reported by ldd) links against
libfam, the package will end up with a dependency on libfam0; if your
binary links against libgamin-1, the package will end up with a
dependency on libgamin0.

> But upstream author is not recommended to use libfam0 with this package,
> does anyone know what do to with this situation?

If you want to force libgamin0, link against libgamin-1 explicitly.