Re: dpatch -> quilt (Was: How to cope with patches sanely)

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 10:51:06AM +0000, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> On 28/01/2008, Paul Wise wrote:
> > maybe edit debian/patches/*.patch to remove all the dpatch comments
> > and just leave the patch descriptions and other human-readable info.
> >
> > QUILT_REFRESH_ARGS="-p0 --no-timestamps --no-index"
>
> Agreed on --no-index, not convinced by --no-timestamps and -p0.

  -p0 allows patches to all be at the same level, which is just
consistency but I agree it's not needed. I don't use it.

  Though the "need" for --not-timestamps is really important when you
refresh a whole patch series, and don't want spurious timestamps changes
generating useless changes in your $SCM, and I do use it for this very
reason.

> FWIW, I use:
> | QUILT_NO_DIFF_INDEX=true
> | QUILT_DIFF_ARGS="--color=auto -p ab"
> | QUILT_REFRESH_ARGS="-p ab"

QUILT_PATCH_OPTS="--unified-reject-files" is great too.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit