Re: How to cope with patches sanely --> Debian New Maintainers' Guide

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 10:51:05AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 25/01/08 at 08:01 +0000, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > As a second runner up, quilt is ok by me. :)
>
> I made some stats (see [1]). 7.8% of our packages use quilt, while 14.4%
> use dpatch.

This was discussed in debian-doc and ...

> It would be great to document in some place (devref?) why
> quilt should be used instead of dpatch, because I don't think it's
> obvious for everybody :)
>
> [1] http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=275

I ended up updating NM guide which only had dpatch to current one with
quilt:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/ch-build.en.html#s-dpatch

Osamu

PS: I only used dpatch in my packages and quilt description came from
official doccumentation and ML discussion.