Re: How to deal with bugs from removed packages?

* Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> [2008-01-24 21:08]:
> I think that the BTS learns the hierarchy of packages' versions by
> parsing the changelogs. Would your plan work even if the version is a
> fake one (not in any changelog)?

At least it's what Don told me to do: "it's probably good enough to
just mark them fixed in a version which is larger than the version in
unstable; they'll be marked as from other branch in unstable when the
packages disapear, and will be archived once they're also absent in
testing."  What I'm not sure is whether appending +rm will always be
higher, or whether there are some corner cases.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/