Re: idea: allow package combinations as alternatives, e.g. a | b + c

On Jan 24, 2008 10:05 AM, Fabian Greffrath <greffrath@leat.rub.de> wrote:
> Now my idea is, that only both packages together, i.e. openoffice.org
> *and* openoffice.org-gnome, will make a good substitute for
> gnome-office. The Debian package management is currently not able to
> deal with this situation properly. It would be great if the gnome
> package could depend on 'gnome-office | openoffice.org +
> openoffice.org-gnome'. So the dependency will be satisfied if you
> install etiher gnome-office or both openoffice.org *and*
> openoffice.org-gnome.

IIRC from logic, a | (b&c) == (a|b) & (a|c), which means you should be
able to represent the above using:

gnome-office | openoffice.org, gnome-office | openoffice.org-gnome

Whether this actually works I don't know...

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/