Re: pkg-$GROUP on Alioth: please whitelist messages from BTS

Le Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 12:42:20AM +0100, Luca Capello a écrit :

> Can we make mandatory the Alioth/PackagingProject guidelines for mailing
> list as maintainer (point 2.3) [1] (also Alioth/FAQ, point 2.5 [2])?  I
> don't ask for completely open mailing lists, but at least moderated.

Dear all,

In my opinion, it would be way simpler to make them open by default, rather to
make it mandatory to un-moderate them, because that this is far from being
easy.

After turning off moderation, there are two filters to change :

* In Privacy options... / Sender filters,
  set "generic_nonmember_action" to "accept".

* In Privacy options... / Recipient filters,
  set "require_explicit_destination" to "no".

(http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20060817035445.GA26061@kunpuu.plessy.org)

Also, there is a maximal size of message that can cause problem in the case of
long bug reports:

At the bottom of the "General Options", there is "max_message_size", which
defaults to 40 kb. Setting the value to zero disables the filter.

(http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20061012133613.GA2566@kunpuu.plessy.org)

Apparently, the Alioth admins need help for making this as a default: Mailman
seems not easy to handle. Is there a Mailman expert on this list ?

(http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20060912065154.GC11397@ouaza.com)

I have edited http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/PackagingProject accordingly to
include these informations. (Except the call for help)

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org