Re: List of packages which should probably be Architecture: all

Raphael Geissert schrieb:
> Just to clarify to everybody, the list was screwed up by dd-list (my bad,
> didn't see the '-b' option part). Thanks to Adeodato for pointing that out.
> So, here's the list of binary packages (attachment is dd-list -u again).

> Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>
>    tracker-dbg

Currently tracker-dbg holds the debugging symbols for the binary
packages: tracker, tracker-search-tool, libtrackerclient0 and
I didn't want to bloat the archive unnecessarily and add a separate -dbg
package for each binary package.
Now, adding a Depends on all those 4 binary packages in tracker-dbg
seems wrong to me. I don't want to force people to install
tracker-search-tool if they only want to debug tracker.

I guess this is a quite common problem.

So, what's the proper solution to that? Cluttering the archive with a
load of -dbg packages or leave it as is?

universe are pointed away from Earth?