Re: some packges are waiting for i386 build

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 05:18:58PM +0000, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Hideki Yamane <henrich@debian.or.jp> wrote:
>
> >  Umm, if build daemon is down, it is a problem, I think.
> >  As i386 it is not a serious, but it is just a problem.
>
> It is a problem, and it is serious. It's stalling the testing
> transition already due to missing builds.
>
> i386 is no longer a special case among our supported architectures.

  Agreed. OTOH couldn't the amd64 buildd's also act as i386 buildd's ? I
think that _most_ of the packages are built either on x86 or amd64, and
it's fair to share the buildd infrastructure on the same hosts based on
this. That should solve the issue of needing a w-b access since it's
host-based I guess.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit