Re: Faster shutdown and the ubuntu "multiuser" update-rc.d extention

[Russ Allbery]
> Shouldn't we add a move option to update-rc.d first rather than
> telling people to do this?  It seems like a generally useful thing
> to have, and I don't like the idea of throwing away people's init
> script order customizations.

Well, I am not quite sure how it should work, but would welcome a way
to modify the default settings while keeping the changes done by the
sysadmin, if we can get sane semantics for it.

I am not going to work on it myself any time soon, as I
focus on the dependency based boot sequencing,

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen