Re: Opinions sought: mlocate appropriate for Priority: standard?

Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> wrote:
> [...]
>> Why not remove locate from findutils instead of putting it into a
>> separate package? I can't see any reason why one would need it if
>> there's mlocate. Probably add a Recommends: mlocate to findutils.
>
> dlocate iirc depends on the GNU locate helper binaries, iirc.

right, it's using a 'faked' locatedb and runs locate from findutils on
it. So it would probably worth the work to use mlocate there - faking a
database for it should not be too complicated.

--
Bernd Zeimetz
<bernd@bzed.de>                         <http://bzed.de/>