Re: Packaging: handling "private" libraries

Il giorno Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:58:27 +0100 (CET)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> ha scritto:

> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007, David Paleino wrote:
>
> > I hope someone could help me.
>
> I would like to try, but I'm a little bit bored by upstream that seems
> to require a registration to download GPLed software.

Yes, that's weird to me too.

> Could you please upload your stuff to mentors.debian.net?

Upstream is 37Mb, won't upload it ;)

> (I have seen your packaging stuff in debian-med SVN, but obtaining the
> orig.tar.gz in an easy way would be great.)

I've added a "get-orig-source" target to debian/rules to get it.

Be careful that bioimagesuite_latest* would need bioimagesuite_extra* (to be
downloaded from the same website): this latter package merely contains the lib*
packages bioimagesuite already depends on (vtk-tcl, ...)

Moreover, you just get the original tarball. Renaming
to package_version.orig.tar.gz is still a manual thing (the upstream tarball
doesn't contain the version).

Kindly,
David

--