Re: LSB-ize daemon without pidfile handling

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 04:15:24PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:49:22 +0100, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>
> wrote:
> >log_daemon_msg "Starting Foo Daemon" "foo"
> >start-stop-daemon --whatever --you --want --here
> >log_end_msg 0
>
> I do not think that this is particularly elegant since it duplicates
> code from init-functions. But if people think that this is ok, it'll
> be the way to go.

That is one way to look at it. The other way would be that these are
just three lines of "code" being duplicated here, and that start_daemon
is just a convenience function, nothing more.

Honestly, I don't see what the problem is.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22