Re: debian-infrastructure-announce (was: dupload failed)

Holger Levsen <holger <at> layer-acht.org> writes:

> > So why should I subscribe to an additional list?
>
> Because not every infrastructual bit should/needs to be announced on d-d-a?!

I didn't see any infrastructure announcement so far on d-d-a that should not
have been there. Furthermore - although I agree that one thing that would
improve the DSA team would be more communication, I'm sure there are more
important things (like: promptly replying to requests) than announcing porter
machine outages, no matter where.

> Obviously, if ftp-master is down, this needs to go to d-d-a. But if the 3rd
> amd64 porter machine or the swedish debian mirror is offline for 6h due to
> scheduled maintainance, this doesnt need to go to d-d-a. But it's nice to
> have on the infrastructure list.

I don't care it being on a list, as long as http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi is
up-to-date.

Regards, Frank