debian-infrastructure-announce (was: dupload failed)

Kevin Mark <kevin.mark <at> verizon.net> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 10:08:30PM +0100, Christoph Haas wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 10:06:01PM +0100, SZALAY Attila wrote:
> > > I couldn't upload my package into the incoming queue with dupload
> > > because I could not connect to ftp-master.debian.org on port 21 and 22.
> >
> > ftp-master is temporarily out of service. See
> > debian-devel-announce <at> l.d.o
> >
> >  Christoph
>
> There is a new list: debian-infrastructure-announce <at> lists.debian.org
> Where something like this would be listed, also, in the future.

Err, and what exactly is the reason for this? d-d-a isn't exactly overloaded,
and availability of debian infrastructure is something every DD and maintainer
should know about. It's also not like it would create a problem if we got more
frequent status mails from DSA in the future.

So why should I subscribe to an additional list?

Regards, Frank