Re: Consistent handling of the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 03:31:49PM +0100, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> 2007/11/6, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>:
> > There needs to be some agreement on what nocheck or notest means and
> > which one to use. For Emdebian needs, whichever name is used, the
> > imperative is that setting that DEB_BUILD_OPTION *must* completely
> > prevent the execution of any compiled program within any test suite
> > provided by upstream. The only checks or tests that can be implemented
> > outside nocheck|notest must only use system binaries from coreutils,
> > binutils-multiarch or one of the gcc binaries.

> Some software packages, such as libcap, for example, seem to depend on
> some code being autogenerated from a program executed in the target
> (in this case, the generation of cap_names.h).

As I see what Neil wrote, nocheck (I prefer this over notest) affects
only testsuite. As for *handling* packages that run compiled code during
build.. well that's the reason why scratchbox was invented :)

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups