Re: Consistent handling of the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS

Michael Banck wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 02:42:03PM +0100, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>>> nocheck | notest should also be supported whether or not the package is
>>> actually being cross-built. emdebuild currently passes 'nocheck' as
>>> part of the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS for all Emdebian builds.
>> Imho this should be either nocheck or notest, supporting both is a bit
>> pointless. Using notest or nocheck is also pretty useful for debugging
>> purposes, if you don't need a lengthy test but want to have a new build
>> fast.
>
> I think all the toolchain packages use nocheck - at least binutils,
> glibc and gcc do (I filed bugs for a couple of them).
>
> I wanted to get around to introduce nocheck in a couple more packages,
> but maybe it's better to just settle on it now and propose it for policy
> inclusion for lenny.
>
> Which package is using notest?  Last I looked perl had a non-standard
> way (x-no-test or so) and I filed a bug to change that to nocheck as
> well.

I know that a few python packages use notest, probably mainly because
it's usually something with 'test' in the name you run for testing. But
that's easy to change, at least for the team maintained packages.
If there're no complaints against nocheck within the next days I'll
change the packages of the python modules and apps team.

--
Bernd Zeimetz
<bernd@bzed.de>                         <http://bzed.de/>