Re: Debian's Linux kernel continues to regress on freedom

Le Wednesday 12 September 2007 14:07:55 Luk Claes, vous avez écrit :
> > Someone who uses the modified RFC would create a buggy-by-design
> > program and when he realized what some DD had done, boy would he
> > (and his bosses, if relevant) be steamed, his trust in Debian would
> > plunge, he might write a Slashdotted article that ZDNet picks up on,
> > and FLOSS get a big black eye.
>
> What about adding clarifications, what about summarising parts of the
> RFC? It's more about the freedom to fix things or to use things than it
> is to make it buggy... It's also not only about Debian, but in fact more
> about the freedom of our users to modify RFCs...

<troll option="Do not respond">
Yea, I have found tons of non-free part in a lot of packages.

It often start with "GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE" and it' clearly written:
" Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
 of this license document, but changing it is not allowed."

Shouldn't we garantee the right for our users to modify LICENCEs ??
</troll>

Romain