Re: virtualbox-ose: package hijack?

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 02:03:28PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> Are we talking about the same upstream here? The ones that knew the
> package seemingly from the get go and then AFTER it made it into the archive
> threatened with a lawyer because the package was named virtualbox
> instead of virtualbox-ose?

Let me clean this one up a little bit. After some additional
conversation the lawyer part seems to be a major misunderstanding. Yes,
it is true that upstream asked for a rename to protect their commercial
product, which is completely okay IMO. But no lawyer was involved or
threatened with.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes