Re: US mirror troubles

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 08:41:51PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> 35.9.37.225, in http.us.debian.org, and ftp.us.debian.org, has been
> unreachable on port 80 from all the networks I have access to for days.
>
> This is ftp.egr.msu.edu.

Its admin are in BCC of this mail.

> It is also still listed at http://www.debian.org/mirror/list
>
> It is listed "bad" at http://mirror.debian.org/status.html
>
> Can someone remove it from http.us.debian.org and the list until it's back?

This specific issue is being handled by DSA since the ticket has been
opened.

> Also, would it be possible to notify mirror admins of bad mirrors
> autoamtically in the future, so this problem can be avoided?

It is possible and already planned, but not yet made real.
I could just cron the script I localy run from time to time, but
it doesn't handle the case "don't harass daily admins whose mirror is
KO"

> Meanwhile, I can't seem to find a list of rsyncable US mirrors anymore.  Does
> anyone know where that list is kept?

http://www.debian.org/mirror/mirrors_full or the source file in the
webwml CVS.

> I'm not sure what list is best for this.  Apologies if I found the wrong one.
> (Should it be -project?  Some ticket with the admins RT?)

(debian-)mirrors@debian.org or a bug against the 'mirrors' pseudopackage.

Regards,

--
Simon Paillard