Re: making debian/copyright machine-interpretable

On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 07:17:59PM +0200, Sam Hocevar <sam@zoy.org> wrote:
>    Hello, I would like to gather comments about a proposal I have been
> thinking about during the GPLv2/v3 and GPLv2/CDDL discussions. I have
> finally written down what I have in mind here, and refined it with the
> help of many people on IRC:
>
>      http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat

So, what's the status of this proposal?

Quickly checking the discussion archive (which I've linked from the wiki
page) it seems to me that there was consensus about the proposal. I
guess the next 2 steps would then be:
- discuss a policy change on -policy
- implement a lintian check (a warning for the moment or even less)
  which points maintainers to the above wiki page and invite them to
  implement the format in their debian/copyrights

Anything else?