Re: backports tool

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 01:09:14PM +0100, Luis Matos wrote:

> how about the development of  tool on we could:
>
>  - add the sid repos to sources.list
>  - with a simple command download every needed source package
> (dependencies)
>  - build the packages
>  - install all the packages.

A few caveats:

 - package names (especially libraries) often change between releases
 - not all current build-dependencies of the package may be in stable
 - of the resultant packages, some will conflict with each other

Backporting is nearly always better left as a manual endeavour.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez