Re: APT 0.7 for sid

On 10-Jun-07, 20:16 (CDT), Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 06:08:44PM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:
> > On 10-Jun-07, 17:47 (CDT), Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> wrote:
> > >   Since then, it seems like most users have switched to apt-get and
> > > synaptic, with hardly anyone using aptitude or dselect any more
> >
> > Really? I'd have guessed that most people used aptitude. I can't imagine
> > anyone preferring synaptic to aptitude. Of course, I don't really
> [..]
> > Steve the hopelessly out-of-date
>
> dselect still works, fwiw ;)

Oh, I know. I used it extensively. One of the things I miss in aptitude
is the ability to get alternate sorting via 'o' and 'O'. I never quite
understood the distinction in dselect, but I knew that if I kept
pounding 'o' (or 'O'), I'd eventually cyle around to the sorting order I
wanted.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland