Re: Touching a file in another package

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> This is what a patch Loïc proposed to gnome-vfs does through a hook
> system, but I don't like to add such complex things that have an impact
> on a dozen packages to workaround a bug in a single package.

 What do you find complex?  The "hook system" in
 /usr/share/gnome-vfs-2.0/run-module-update-hooks is:
    set -e

    if [ -d /usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/module-update-hooks ]; then
        run-parts $@ /usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/module-update-hooks
    fi

 And calling the hook system from the 5 affected source packages -- all
 are pkg-gnome packages for which we are both uploaders BTW -- is as
 long as this postinst/postrm snippet:
    if [ -x /usr/share/gnome-vfs-2.0/run-module-update-hooks ]; then

--
Loïc Minier