Re: Dependencies on shared libs, take 2

Le jeudi 07 juin 2007 à 20:44 +0200, Pierre Habouzit a écrit :
>   symbol visibility support in gcc is not that old, and many upstream
> don't use it (yet).

libtool has supported -export-symbols since 1998 and
-export-symbols-regex since 1999.

> For them there is many many many private symbols in
> the libraries, and well, they don't matter at all.

Unfortunately they do matter, since developers have the tendency to use
generic names for private symbols, which means they can be found in two
different libraries. This can lead to very interesting bugs :)

--
 .''`.