Re: Is there a way to positively, uniquely identify which Debian release a program is running on?

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 05:28:24PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Frankly, helping vendors of non-free software lies far below the
>  ability to provide our users the option to do partial upgrades,
>  apt-pinning, etc.

How does /etc/debian_version of lsb_release hinder that? I'm not suggesting
we ditch partial upgrades or apt-pinning. Please reread my email.

>         If we are not going to impact the utility to the users; I am
>  indifferent to adding things to help non-free software vendors.

How are we going to impact our users? I really don't understand your email.

Regards

Javier