Re: Mysterious NMU (Bug #423455)

* Stefan Hornburg [Sat, 12 May 2007 13:59:19 +0200]:

> Hello,

Hi Stefan,

> I just got a bug on pure-ftpd (#423455). Someone else uploaded a broken NMU,
> now pure-ftpd is unstallable. My problem now is who did the upload and with
> what purpose, because it is not listed in package tracking system, and
> apt-get source only downloads 1.0.21-8.

> Any idea what happened ?

Yes, please have a look at http://wiki.debian.org/binNMU. Also, when you
upload a new version to fix this uninstallability, it's a good opportunity
to make your package binNMUable so that this does not happen again.
(There are tips on the linked page about how to do it, and lintian will
warn you if it's still not binNMUable.)

Thanks,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

When all is summed up, a man never speaks of himself without loss; his
accusations of himself are always believed; his praises never.
                -- Michel de Montaigne