Re: The number of etch installations is rocketing...

[Henrique de Moraes Holschuh]
> dmidecode output is a big problem.  It includes machine UUID and serial
> numbers.

Yes.

Perhaps we only want to collect a subset of that information, or at
least warn the admin about the issues.

I believe The ubuntu hardware database collect that kind of
information to <URL:http://hwdb.ubuntu.com/> already, and are
reluctant to share the information collected because of it.

dmidecode is the only place I know we can get hardware model and for
example if the machine support IPMI, so I want to collect at least of
of it.  Perhaps we should filter out the lines with 'UUID:' and
'Serial Number:' Not sure if it is enough to avoid the sensitive
stuff.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen