Re: Create Makefile (rules)

Am Dienstag, den 10.04.2007, 10:26 -0300 schrieb Rodrigo Tavares:

> I'm studying about the rules files (makefiles), in
> debian.
>
> I´d like, use a file ex1.c, and create a makefile for
> run make command then build a binary, and install it
> in a filesystem place.
>
> Wih my study, i read than Makefile.am is necessary
> for rules ?

No. The .am means "_a_uto_m_ake template". Such files need to be
processed with automake first. If you just want to write a simple
Makefile, then call it "Makefile" (see `man make') and add the rules to
create your binary to the file. The make-doc package will help you and
tell you more about built-in rules. See especially section 2 for a
sample Makefile.

Regards, Daniel