Re: Not-so-mass bug filing for the patented IDEA algorithm

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 03:01:41PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Neil Williams:
>
> > Which are the offending libraries?
>
> Botan, Crypto++, BouncyCastle, a few Perl-related packages.

Openssl's README.Debian contains:
Some algorithms used in the library are covered by patents.  As
a result, the following algorithms in libcrypto have been disabled:
- RC5
- MDC2
- IDEA

(See bug #65368)

As far as I understand, they have been disabled because at that time,
it seems we only cared about using those, not about distributing them.

Kurt