Re: /etc/udev/rules.d non-symlinks

On Apr 09, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

> I'm proposing that we change our de-facto policy for handling of files
> in /etc/udev/rules.d. Currently it is this (from udev's README.Debian):
It's OK, I planned to discuss this after the release.
Experience showed that generally other packages do not need an easy way
to disable their whole rules files, so I think we can conclude that
usage of symlinks can be restricted to some of udev's own files and
eventually packages with special needs.
Do we need special code to move the conffiles on upgrades (and only do
that if the symlink does not exist)?

At the same time it would be a good idea to change the XXX_ file name
scheme to a saner one, since currently they all share 0??_ or z??_
prefixes to coexsist with the existing prefix-less files.
Probably we should just copy the scheme used by Ubuntu, but I am not
sure if there is a good way to do it.

--
ciao,
Marco